Friday, August 1, 2008

It's True, Boys & Girls Are Very Different - Even At 4 Years Old!

So, I have been "shopping" for a new tent the last couple of weeks. I finally found the "best" one at Shopko during a sale. The kids have been so excited and patient. They knew I was going to get a tent because they saw me looking at some online and in newspaper ads. Finally, mom is going to get a tent to go camping in!

Well, the last day of the sale, I rush around doing errands. I had to complete 3 "mystery shops" that took less than 5 minutes each. The kids were great to wait while I ran in and out of the 3 different stores I had to evaluate ($8 each! Yeah!). Lastly, we went to Shopko. They were looking forward to this and kept asking me how long it will take to get there. :)

Finally, we park, and the kids break out of the car, tagging along my side.
"Where is the tent? Where is the tent?" they question me repeatedly.
I pointed the way, and they happily walked 12 feet ahead so they could help me find it. We finally got to the camping section of the store, and I showed the kids the tent that was in the ad. They help me place it in the cart, and then I move onto another area of the back of the store.

Spencer, puzzled, looked up at me, "Mom, what are we doing?"

Confused, I said, "We're shopping."

"But Mom, we already got the tent!" he insisted.

I started to giggle. Boy was my boy a boy in body and MIND!

"Spencer, I just want to look around."

"For what Mom?"

"Umm, nothing Spencer. Umm, I just want to look at what deals they have here."

"But why Mom, we have the tent."

"Spencer, I understand that this doesn't make much sense. Girls just like to shop. We don't always have much direction either, we just 'shop'"

"Ok." was Spencer's reply. However, I think it was more of a, 'Well, it still doesn't make much sense, but I'm here and having fun, so whatever you say is fine.'

  • Girls= Shopping Queens - Get a great deal on something, then spend more time looking for more deals.
  • Boys= Practical - Buy what you plan on buying, and leave ASAP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put me in with the boys! LOL! I hate shopping.
tha tis a cute dialog though

duckgirl said...

LOL! Yep definite differences between boys and girls! Too funny! Me & my girls are "girly" all the way in that sense!