Monday, March 16, 2009

Hawaiian Sweet Bread recipe

Well, I had a few comments on my Facebook status about me making Hawaiian Sweet Bread, and a request for the recipe. So, here it is! It's easy and has always turned out perfect for me. :-)

Hawaiian Sweet Bread
Ingredients for one 9 x 5 loaf pan

*Note* This recipe is for a bread maker to mix it ("Dough" cycle), and then to cook it in your oven in a loaf pan. Make sure to add ingredients as directed in your bread maker manual. Mine calls for wet first, then dry - with yeast on top, but because I use potato pearls, I do it in a little bit different order. I have typed out the order *I* add the ingredients.

1 C Warm-Hot Water
2 TBsp Instant Potato Flakes or Pearls
4 TBsp Butter or Margarine
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Lemon Extract
2 Eggs
2 TBsp Powdered Milk
5 TBsp Sugar
3 C All-Purpose Flour (yes, all-purpose! :))
3/4 tsp Salt
3 tsp Yeast

Add ingredients, set bread machine to "dough". Place dough in 9x5 loaf pan in a preheated 350*F oven for about 30 minutes. The crust should be golden and bread should sound hollow when thumped.

No comments: